From 26 to 27 September 2019 at 10:00, the International Film and Television Festival "Golden Eye", an international exhibition of broadcasters and master classes of specially invited guests were held at Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace ( № 20Telavi Street).
This year, International Festival of TV and Movie Cameraman hosted about 160 works from all over the world. After three months of work, the selection jury identified fourteen nominees, whereas the winner was announced on September 27 at the closing ceremony of the Festival.
The international jury selected the winners in the following nominations at the closing ceremony of the Festival:
- Best Movie Cameraman - Carl P. Rasmussen "Ghabe" (Sweden);
- Best TV cameraman - Giorgi Dzotsenidze - Zaatar Refugee Camp (Georgia);
- The best short film Cameraman - Ilya Kondratyev "Before Eclipse: Novella 2 old houses" (Russia);
- Best student work - István Balázs "Casting" (Hungary);
- Grand Prize - István Balázs "Casting" (Hungary);
- Special Prize of the Selection Jury - Martin Dimitrov (Bulgaria);
- Canon Special Prize - Hava Mukhiyeva (Russia);
- Special prize of Panasonic - Gábor Szentiványi (Hungary);
- Special prize of Sony - Mojtaba Sadrmanesh (Iran);
- Special prize of Innovator Company - Jonathan Wannyn (Belgium);
- Special prize from the National Centre of Cinematography of Georgia - Kalev Hiller (Estonia).
International Jury members of the Festival:
- Eldar Mdinaradze - a film director, scriptwriter, general director of Imedi TV, chairman of the International Jury.
- Roger Simonsz - a film director, a full member of the British Society of Operators (BSC) and an honorary member of the Rose Bruford College of Art.
- John Henshall - President of the Guild of Television Camera Professionals
- Anand Sundaresha - cinematographer, visual arts specialist
The Golden Eye Festival was full of various educational events: The festival featured master classes by the international experts:
Roger Simonsz is the cinematographer of numerous feature films and television films, he worked on such films as "The Devil Wears Prada" and the series "Sex and the City".
Masterclass topic: "Frames beyond frames". Roger Simmons spoke about the works performed during post-production, about how the filmmaker can keep control over these frames and get the final product.
John Henshall – CEO of EPI-Centre and BBC TV operator for years. John believes that it is his direct responsibility to share his skills and experience to the next generation, which is what he was talking about during the masterclass.
Traditionally, the International Exhibition of Broadcasting Technology was held as a part of the festival, which was attended by the world's leading manufacturers and system integrators, such as Sony, Panasonic, Canon, RTS, Broadstream, VSN, LiveU, Ross Video, Vitec, Etere, Manfrotto, Telestream, Deva, AVB, Videoscope, Chyronhego.
As part of the exhibition, famous companies presented the most up-to-date telecommunication equipment. Each company had a wide choice of TV, cinema and radio equipment and accessories. In addition, representatives of manufacturing companies held presentations and workshops for the audience on the most relevant issues.